Sunday, May 11, 2008

I've been flocked

So the other day I was driving home and as I turned onto my street (also known as Freak Street), something caught my eye. My heart skipped a beat and I immediately began repeating to myself, "Please don't let that be my house, please don't let that be my house..."

As I pulled up the mantra changed to one single exclamation:

"Oh snap! It's my house." LOL

There in my front yard, right smack in the middle of Freak Street were about 2 dozen pink flamingos! Ay Yi Yi! I was flocked.

My across the street neighbor, Jay, was standing in his driveway marvelling at the impact of such "fuschia-ness" I'm sure. He was immobile. Mesmerized by the beauty. Then he was suddenly capable of speech again.

"Quite a surprise to come home to!" He said, hopefully.

"Oh this? It's no surprise, it's my new yard art! I thought I needed some color in my yard, and who has time to plant flowers!" I responded cheerfully, proud of myself for recovering so quickly from the shock.

"Just make sure it STAYS IN YOUR YARD!" he retorted, with a smirk. Crap, he was onto me. I guess the color hadn't fully returned to my face after all.

And to the benevolent bestowers of this gift? All I have to say is, "sleep with one eye open "O" Family. One eye open........."






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

heeheehee! I LOVE IT!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

ROFLOL!!! That is too funny, Kel! But what are the chances of your flock migrating northward...say to IN? ;o)

jeanne said...

Oooooooooooooh, Michelle. Did you see, did you see??? ROFL. I love it.