Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July

What a busy weekend! It started with my very first ever 5K walk Friday morning. That was fun! So much fun I'm thinking of doing another one in a few weeks. Rushed home, to get ready to go visit my brother.

Got to his house about 2:30 and he had a whole spread of food he was going to cook for us that night. But first we had a little battle to settle on the Wii. Four hours later we were cooking dinner. ::snort::

After our delicious steak dinner we went to see the fireworks in Fairhope. That was so much fun! I took some shots, but I'm not thrilled with them. Oh well.

Saturday, Destin and I got up early and walked 5 miles, then came home and had breakfast, and another battle on the Wii. Then we took him shopping for his birthday presents, and for his birthday lunch. YUM! After (another) battle on the Wii, and a hailstorm that knocked the power out, we got on the road and headed home.

Sunday, I got up and walked 6 miles, then went to church and to sweet Kailey's swim meet. She qualified for the State Meet in 4 categories!!! After all of the excitement of the weekend I was pooped and went to bed at 8:15, lol.....which explains why I'm a day late posting my weekend pictures!

Here are some of the fireworks shots:














































































































































































2 comments:

melinda courtney said...

pretty pics!!! ok, so are you a gym rat now and exactly how much weight have you lost? i know you have if you're doing 5Ks and working out for hours! you go girl!

Michelle said...

Yay you for doing a 5K! I wish I could live vicariously through you and reap the same benefits!