Monday, July 16, 2007

The accused...

Sure, she looks innocent enough, but don't let that fool you. She tried to kill me this morning.
A little background: For as long as I have owned this house, (going on 5 years now) Chelsea Grace has had this game of trying to figure out where I'm walking in the house, and beating me there. It's really adorable.
Except when she's wrong.
Which brings us to this morning. I was walking back to my bedroom after being at the front of the house. My hallway kind of "forks" at the end; my bedroom on the right, my scraproom on the left. Chelsea Grace must have thought I was going into the scraproom to check my email or something because she took off that way. But when she realized I was zigging while she was zagging, she whipped herself around and ran right in front of me.
And then she just....
STOPPED!
Right as I got to the doorway she stopped dead in her tracks. Now I always sucked at physics, but the one thing I did learn was that an object in motion tends to stay in motion.
Which is what I did.
In order to not step on her, I tried to take a bigger step to step over her. Well this freaked her out, so she took off running again. And that totally threw me off balance, because once again I was about to step on her! I ended up grabbing the door frame to stop from falling, which jammed my wrist, and as my leg went down I hyperextended my knee. Good grief.
And what does Chelsea Grace do while all this is going on? While I'm trying to not only save her life, but my own?????
She bathes.
@@
I guess when you have 9 lives, using one up isn't such a big deal.

No comments: