Saturday, July 14, 2007

Just playing around

Things are finally settling down a bit around here. All my spring weddings are shot, edited and uploaded for client viewing. All my work is done on the extra job I picked up for a little extra money, and that has been turned in. My house is still a disaster, but hey...baby steps.
So what's a girl to do with a little free time? Find a new endeavor, of course! My sweet friend, Melinda, and I are pairing up on a new project, I'll keep you posted as new details emerge. I think it will be fabulous, and creative and FUN!
I have so many pictures that I've taken in all my traveling in the last year. With everything so crazy, I haven't had time to work on any of them, I've done all our "paid" work first and then there never seemed to be time for the other stuff. This morning I forced myself to pick just one picture I would want in my house, and play with it. This is the picture I came up with.
This is a tree in Bay St. Louis, MS. I love this tree so much. I adore photographing trees, anyway, almost as much as I love photographing feet! ha! The older, more gnarled the tree, the better. Imagine the stories they can tell. This tree especially. This tree survived Katrina. As you can see it's right on the water, and that bridge behind it is a bridge that didn't fare as well. When I was there in December, they were rebuilding that bridge. Everything around this tree was demolished, there was so much damage. Concrete was ripped from the road; a tree trunk the size of a Ford Expedition was uprooted and lay in the middle of the street, roots and all. And this tree saw it all happen. I know I'll never know the reason this beautiful tree still stands there.
But I'm so glad it does. :o)

1 comment:

jeanne said...

Love the way you capture feelings with your camera. Great shot.