Saturday, July 28, 2007

Another year older





























I love my birthday. :o) And yesterday was no exception!

My brother was the first to call to wish me Happy Birthday. He always calls at the stroke of midnight just so he CAN be first. Even when he was in Iraq he would. Unfortunately this year, I didn't hear the phone ring. HA! But pesky...uhhhh...persistent soul that he is, he called back at 7 in the morning, and was still the first!
My mom then called and sang(?) a little piece she put together on the fly, much to her coworkers' dismay. :o)
I got two original birthday songs from Meredith, which is a tradition between the two of us. Her Birthday rap she left on my answering machine this year will go down in history, hands down, as the most creative of all time. What a riot. Then she had a short little song to sing to me on my way to work, that went like this (complete with a country twang):
Fried Chicken
Country Hog
It's your birthday
HOT DOG!!!
@@
For dinner I went to Bonefish Grill, it was delicious! I went back to Mom's house after dinner and got PRESENTS! WOOOOOOOWOOOOOO I was spoiled more than I deserve, once again, and got some fabulous gifts. Mom got me some antique cameras, an old photography magazine called "Kodakery" (sounds like a fruity frozen drink to me!) a purse, candle, money (which I'm using for a fabulous new lens!!!), and a popcorn hamper HA!!!
Destin had mom get me some beautiful flowers. He said we would celebrate each others' birthdays the next time we see each other. Now, Chelsea Grace LOVES flowers. Anytime I bring flowers in the house she starts singing away. I can just hear her saying, "OH MOM!!! They are so beautiful!!!!!! Let me eat them!!!!!" Well when she saw me bring them in last night, she let out the longest and loudest kitty aria I've ever heard!! It was hysterical. The pictures above are of her singing to the flowers (and she won't take her eyes off them, as you can tell in the first one).
I would say it was a stellar day! Thank you Lord for these blessings: Mom, for always making our birthdays so special; Destin for being such a fantastic brother; and all my dear friends who always make me feel so loved. I adore you all.
This morning I had a photo shoot. I took some pictures of a precious 15 week old baby boy. I can't wait to get to work on those pictures. I'll post a sneak peak soon.

2 comments:

melinda courtney said...

I'm a terrible friend! I have not opened my calendar since I got home!!! I even had you a "happy" sitting on the steps so I could run it over to you (along with the monopod I've been carrying around)No excuse...that's terrible. I've had a ucky few days. I have worked on our projects though. I haven't forgotten about calling you. Friday was wasted with stuff that had to be done before Monday to ready Zachary for the week. Please forgive me and know that I love you and am sooo very thankful for you!
melinda

jeanne said...

She sings beautifully!! What a cutie.